Monday, February 2, 2009

All My Single Ladies

Late January/Early February is the annual chick flick boom time of the year. Over the period of two weeks several female-oriented films that will be coming out. Perfect for an outing with your girlfriends.



NEW IN TOWN- 1/30/09
This romantic comedy starring Renee Zellwegger and Harry Connick Jr is about a big city girl that moves to a small town in Minnesota for a job. She finds herself learning that there is more to life than bling and that Midwestern men know how to get down. Yes it looks cheezy but I want to see it.


HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU- 2/6/09
Not only does this movie have an AMAZING cast but it also has been a long time coming. I read the book a few years back and was honestly somewhat disappointed. However, I thought that if it was adapted to a screenplay it could be much more successful and animated. Low and behold, some screenwriter followed my advice (HAHA) and did just that. The movie looks witty, touching, and like an all around feel good film. I know what I will be doing next Sunday afternoon.


CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC- 2/13/09
Yet another film based on a book. I have been waiting for this movie to come out since I first heard they put it into production. Whoever said money can't buy happiness is wrong. Rebecca gives her credit card a lot of exercise and is quite the advocate of retail therapy. The book was cute, and I can't wait to see Isla Fischer in action. The best part is, the costumes are done by Patricia Fields. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment