Thursday, April 9, 2009

Soot Bull Jeep- The BEST Korean BBQ


Whenever I return to the West Coast, there is only one restaurant that I am insistent upon going to irregardless of the length of my stay- Soot Bull Jeep. This has been my Korean BBQ of choice for as long as I can remember. Although it is somewhat gringo-fied and only has a B rating, what they lack in health code regulations they make up with in flavor. For those of you not familiar with Korean BBQ, it is by no means a leisurely dinner because you are cooking the meal yourself at your table. The meal is virtually carb-free and heavy on the protein and vegetables. You have a wide selection of meats to choose from, my personal favorites are the marinated chicken and sliced spencer steak. As soon as you sit down you are served several mini plates of various kimchis (Korean Tapas.) This is my favorite part of the meal. They are spicy and quite refreshing. A meal for four people will cost approximately $60. Soot Bull Jeep is not exactly recession friendly but it is worth shelling out the extra dough. The next time you want a meal that is low carb and high protein check out Soot Bull Jepp!

Suggestions:
The likelihood of feeling the pop sensation after the meal is quite high so I suggest wearing your stretch pants to dinner. Do not shower in advance or wear clothes that are fresh out of the dryer. You will come out smelling like a BBQ.

Soot Bull Jeep
3136 W. 8th St.
Los Angeles, CA 90005

1 comment:

  1. oooh i want to go here- love this post. so true about the "pop sensation" hahah

    ReplyDelete