After a streak of ordering and eating out, I decided it was time to reignite my creativity in the kitchen. I'm also on somewhat of a health kick after the holidays and have been craving a healthy and delicious creation. While I admit I have limited technical skill and never studied at the Cordon Bleu I'm not afraid of trying new things in the kitchen. I took and a chance and it came out delicious, nutritious, and I can't wait to make it again! This is a "loose" recipe and ingredients and spices can be substituted if you please!
Servings: 8 cups
1/2 a head of cabbage
1 can of black beans
1 cup of chopped white chicken breast
1/2 a cup of shredded cheese (your choice)
3 tablespoons of Ponzu Sauce
Pinch of Cumin
Pinch of Paprika
Pinch of Salt
Pinch of Garlic
1. Pour the black beans in a mixing bowl and mash.
2. Put the spices and Ponzu Sauce once the beans are mashed.
3. Add the chicken and cheese.
4. Slice the cabbage so that it resembles a slaw.
5. Also be sure to have some pieces of cabbage that are in their original form and can be used as cups.
6. Then add the cabbage into the bowl and mix all together.
7. Put the olive oil in a pan and bring to heat.
8. Once hot, put 3 cups filled with the mixture in the pan.
9. Cover the cups with an additional piece of cabbage and flip once golden.
10. Make sure the other side is sufficiently seared and remove from heat. Do this until all the cups are prepared.
The cups are ready to eat! Serving them with salsa is strongly recommended. As Julia Child says...BON APPETIT!