Saturday, June 7, 2008

Sex and The City Movie

Like the many throngs of women gathering to see the S.A.T.C movie opening weekend- Lady L and I followed suit with 2 of our best friends. Patricia Fields, of course, puts together the gorgeous ensembles once again- just as she did for the series. BUT, from a fashion stand point I was slightly disappointed. I thought the outfits were fun and always pretty- but also toned down from the series. It didn't have that- crazy fearless feeling - including being a fashion victim once in a while, like the series did. And it was much more centered around designer fashion- rather than some pieces looking exotic or thrift-store-y. But of course Carrie still looked fashion forward, Miranda - feminine with an executive edge, Samantha very sexy with an 80's power suit type influence, and Charlotte- very prim and classic. And I think I want to start wearing pearls to bed, ala Carrie.

The first time we see the four women together in the movie (I do love Carries look- including the ascot!!)

HELLO Above the knee socks. I love you.

The movie did a great job of reminding us of everything that happened in the series in a few short minutes and wrapped everything up in the end- which, as a huge fan of the series, I was greatful for.


The Vivian Westwood gown---GORGEOUS

1 comment:

  1. i noticed that Sex and the City has a polarizing effect on both men and women... people either love the movie or they hate it

    ReplyDelete