In the spirit of St. Patrick's day, we are sharing a festively green recipe with you all! The weather is heating up and with that comes barbecues and weekend gatherings. This lowfat spinach & artichoke dip is supremely delicious and especially friendly to those who are health conscious.
* 300 g frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (1 package)
* 2 cups nonfat sour cream (1 package)
* 250 g low-fat cream cheese (1 package)
* 1 cup lowfat mozzarella cheese
* 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
* 398 ml artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (1 can, in brine)
* 1 tablespoon lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon fresh black pepper (or colored)
* 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
* 1 tablespoon onion powder (optional)
* 1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes (optional)
* Drain any liquid that may be sitting on top of the sour cream.
* Mix everything together well.
* Bake it at 350 degrees, stirring once or twice, until heated through
(probably 40 minutes).
* If lazy, hungry, or just plain impatient, use the microwave (takes only a few minutes). This mix freezes well. There is no need to bake before freezing. You may want to freeze this recipe in four 2-cup containers (i. e. large plastic sour cream tubs)
* Serve with tortilla chips or pita.
This recipe makes approximately eight servings and will go fast. Just be careful, someone might end up licking the bowl. Bon Appetit!