Sunday, May 30, 2010
Emma Roberts, the 19 year old niece of Julia Roberts, attended the premiere of her new film 4,3,2,1 in London. She wears a grecian inspired white tunic dress by Temperley London. She accessorizes with gold platform heels and a metallic clutch. Her relaxed braid and wave hairdo completes the look beautifully. Emma is definitely summer ready and looks great!
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Diane Kruger was stylin last Friday May 21, at a special program event with Canal TV at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. Diane was promoting her newest film, Lily Sometimes. She not only wowed people with her performance alongside Ludivine Sagnier but also made the Culturista Cut. We love her extravagantly Giambattista Valli beaded top which is paired with a simple high waisted skirt. She looks magnifique!
Cafe Laurent serves up delicious French cuisine in its quaint Culver City location. Sunday brunch features live jazz on the patio and breakfast served all day (with no lunch). The breakfast menu has items like fluffy omlettes, gorgeous waffles, divine quiches and MUST try potato Gratin Dauphinois.
The food is so rich and tasty that even with more 'European' portions you will leave very satisfied! With its very reasonable prices and short to no waiting on seating, this neighborhood gem is a must try!
Friday, May 21, 2010
* Block of Cream Cheese (8 ozs)
* Cheddar Cheese
* Green Onions (Chopped)
* Black Olives
* Chopped Fresh Cilantro
* Sliced Veggies
1. Set the block of cream cheese on a microwavable plate or dish. Unwrap it first, of course.
2. Pour some salsa over the cream cheese.
3. Microwave for 40 seconds.
Take the cream cheese out of the microwave and sprinkle any of the optional toppings on top. Voila! It is ready to be served!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Designer Frida Giannini unveils Gucci's couture collection on the red carpet at Cannes this week. The gowns were gorgeous, full of beaded details, pleats and drapery. These actresses couldn't look more stunning! The red carpet is the perfect place to debut the collection, since according to Giannini she has no plans to show it on the runway.
From the top right and clockwise:
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
The casual yet refined atmosphere is the setting for this wine bar/restaurant. The restaurant, A.O.C. is named after the French wine designation, "Appellation d'Origine Controlee," and is focused on their extensive wine list (by the glass/carafe or bottle) and gourmet Mediterranean style small plates. The bacon wrapped dates are worth the trip alone- though everything on the menu is unique and delicious.
Their small plates make it easy to share and taste many items on the menu. So enjoy them all with a flight of wine!
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Naomi Watts looked divine at Cannes this past week. She wore a gown from the new Gucci Première collection. We love the pale nude hue with her blonde hair and sparkling jewelry. It looked like the Gucci Première collection was ALL over the Cannes red carpet. This dress really stood out as not only gorgeous but also looked exceptional on Naomi.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
It's that time of year: the weather is getting warm and you are itching to get to the beach or pool. Here are some of our Culturista fav styles for swimwear. So which ever you choose, the chic one piece or the sexy cut outs you are sure to frolic in style!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Jennifer Lopez looked amazing at the Met Ball this year. She wore a stunning strapless Zuhair Murad gown. The gorgeous shimmery details of the gown went perfectly with her Stephen Russell jewels, and Judith Leiber clutch. Even down to her loose updo and smokey makeup- she was perfection! Keep up the great work JLo.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Rihanna has never been shy when it comes to making bold fashion choices. Ordinarily I would cheer her on for her creative spirit but this time I object. She paraded out in an array of dominatrix-esque costumes as she kicked off her UK tour on May 7th. This futuristic burlesque look leaves us wondering...what was she thinking?
Sunday, May 2, 2010
This recipe is bursting with flavor and low in calories. Give it a try!
* 1/2 red bell pepper
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 celery stalk, chopped
* 2 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 cup water
* 1 cup vegetable broth
* 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
* 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
* 1 (15 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained and cut into chunks
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1 bay leaf
* 1 pinch dried thyme
* 1 pinch dried basil
* 1 pinch dried oregano
* 1 pinch dried rosemary
* 1 pinch garlic powder
* 1 pinch onion powder
* 1 pinch mustard powder
* 1 pinch cumin
* 1 pinch coriander
* salt and cracked black pepper to taste
* 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Set oven to broil. Brush red bell pepper lightly with olive oil, and place cut-side down on a baking sheet. Place sheet under broiler, and broil until pepper is blackened and blistered. Remove from broiler, and when cool enough to touch, peel skin. Chop pepper into bite-size pieces.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, celery, and garlic; cook until onion is soft and translucent.
3. Mix in water, vegetable broth, tomatoes, black-eyed peas, sweet potatoes, and chopped bell pepper. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, cayenne, and red pepper flakes. Add bay leaf, thyme, basil, oregano, and rosemary. Mix in garlic, onion, and mustard powders. Stir in cumin and coriander.
4. Bring contents to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, until sweet potatoes begin to disintegrate, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and cracked pepper to taste. Stir in fresh parsley, and serve.